[MARMAM] Water quality in manatee rehabilitation tanks

Ana Carolina Meirelles cameirelles at yahoo.com.br
Mon Sep 20 05:57:13 PDT 2010

Dear Colleagues,

We are building a new rehabilitation center for manatees in Brazil. All the effluent from the rehabilitation tanks will be treated before being correctly discharged. However to properly size the treatment plant effluent, we need some information about the effluent from  the water quality in a  manatee tank of , as the concentration of coliforms, biochemical oxygen demand, dissolved oxygen, nitrate, oils and greases and suspended solids.

We're having some diffuclts finding this information, so if a colleague working with manatees can send us these data, along with the volume of water tank and the number of animals, we would appreciate very much.

Thank you very much for your attention.

Carol

Ana Carolina Oliveira de Meirelles

cameirelles at yahoo.com.br

Ana Carolina Oliveira de Meirelles

Coordenadora do Programa de Mamíferos Marinhos
Associação de Pesquisa e Preservação de Ecossistemas Aquáticos - AQUASIS
SESC Iparana, Praia de Iparana s/ no.
CAUCAIA-CEARÁ  BRASIL
CEP: 61600-000

55 085 3318 4911