[MARMAM] Vacancy for Charity Director
d.w.smith at hotmail.co.uk
Thu Sep 2 03:48:00 PDT 2010
Details of the Director role are provided below.
The role is funded by the Esmée Fairbairn Foundation and we have secured monies for salary, payroll and some expenses for the next three years. (We have also secured 2 years worth of funding for an Administration Manager - the post of which will be advertised shortly).
ORCA (Organisation Cetacea)
Full Time Contract
Salary £38-40k dependent on experience
ORCA is the marine conservation charity dedicated to forging links between people and the sea. ORCA is committed to the study of cetaceans (whales, dolphins and porpoises) and promoting their conservation through enthusing, inspiring and educating others.
We are seeking a Director, based in Portsmouth, to build on the successful growth over the last few years and to take the Charity to the next level. A wide range of skills will be required, including strong leadership, strategic planning, project management, communication, grant funding experience and general management.
As the main ambassador of the Charity, they will provide support to the Board and manage a small team to ensure high quality delivery, robust financial management and growth through the achievement of strategic goals and objectives.
The ideal candidate will;
• be a creative self-starter, a motivator with proactive entrepreneurial skills, capable of building on established successes
• be a strong communicator, able to liaise successfully at all levels with Charity stakeholders including conservation partners, funders, staff, members and volunteers, as well as the wider community
• possess the business and management acumen required to manage a growing charity through an exciting period of change
• have proven project management and fundraising success as well as experience of managing budgets
• ideally have experience of the voluntary sector and be a committed conservationist with an interest in the marine habitat
A full Job Description and Application form can be downloaded at http://www.orcaweb.org.uk/vacancies.htm
To apply please complete the Application Form and e-mail it along with your CV and a covering letter outlining why you are the ideal person to fill this role to information at .... Please state ORCA Charity Director in the subject line.
All applications will be acknowledged, but feedback can only be given to those called for interview.
The closing date for completed applications is 9am on Monday 13th September 2010, with interviews being held week commencing October 4th 2010.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the MARMAM