[MARMAM] Subject:Belugaskin Virus in Hudson River Churchill ( Andrea Steffen )

Andrea Steffen A.Steffen at eggeling-partner.de
Thu Sep 9 04:34:09 PDT 2010

Dear all.
On Belugas of the Churchill river estuary, Manitoba, Canada we saw some animals with a lot of skin damages. In the websites: http://www.medvet.umontreal.ca/pathologie_microbiologie/beluga/anglais/virus_ang.asp
we found a report about herpes like virus found on Belugas in the St. Lawrence estuary.
We were wondering, whether the skin marks of these Churchill Belugas caused of the same virus or could it have other reasons?
For photos please use this address: http://www.pottwale.de/belugaskin

For contact please use Email: Andrea.Steffen at wale-delfine.de

Sincerely

Andrea Steffen

Projektleiterin Dominika
Gesellschaft zur Rettung der Delfine e.V
Hansa-allee 44
40547 Düsseldorf
Tel: 0211/ 55 95 70
Email: Andrea.Steffen at wale-delfine.de