[MARMAM] Cetacean Identification Workshops

Emma Webb emma.webb at biscay-dolphin.org.uk
Fri Sep 3 03:03:05 PDT 2010

Cetacean & Seabird Identification Workshops – LAST FEW PLACES REMAINING

MARINElife is delighted to announce that we still have had a small number of
places come available for our September 2010  Cetacean & Seabird
Identification Workshops on the P&O cruiseferry ‘Pride of Bilbao’ travelling
across the fantastic Bay of Biscay.  This is your last opportunity to travel
on the Pride of Bilbao as she goes out of service at the end of September.

Biscay Dolphin Research Programme (BDRP) has been conducting whale, dolphin
and seabird surveys of the English Channel and Bay of Biscay each month,
year-round continuously since 1995.  BDRP is an award-winning project within
the established charity MARINElife that aims to further the conservation of
whales, dolphins, seabirds and other marine life through scientific study
and educational activities.

Because of the work we have undertaken, the English Channel and the Bay of
Biscay is now recognised as one of the most important areas in the world for
whales and dolphins!

Come and join some of the most experienced cetacean and seabird researchers
in the UK for a fully interactive workshop where you will learn all the
basic skills needed to observe and identify these fantastic animals at sea.

This workshop is ideal for anyone with a general interest in marine
wildlife, students studying Marine Biology or similar subjects, people who
want some firsthand experience of field work as well any prospective Marine
Mammal Observers (MMO’s).

Workshop Dates:
13-16 September – 2 cabins
22-25 September – 4 cabins

Cost is £145 per person based on two people sharing a 2 bunk inside cabin.

For more information or to book a place, please visit our website at
www.biscay-dolphin.org.uk/blueoceansafaris/biscay.php#IDWorkshops or email
us on  <mailto:info at biscay-dolphin.org.uk> info at biscay-dolphin.org.uk or
call Emma on 01621 856536.

PLEASE BE AWARE THAT BOOKINGS FOR BOTH TRIPS CLOSE ON THURSDAY 9th SEPTEMBER
2010

Kind Regards

Emma Webb

Community & Operations Officer

Conserving Marine Wildlife through Research & Education

Marinelife Ltd

Email: emma.webb at marine-life.org.uk

Visit us at: www.marine-life.org.uk

Registered Charity Number: 1110884