[MARMAM] research stranding pattern dolphins spain/potugal

Joop Coolen [Stichting De Noordzee] j.coolen at noordzee.nl
Tue Oct 26 08:48:43 PDT 2010

During ECS 2010 a person told me about research performed either in
Spain or in Portugal.
Researchers released dolphin carcasses offhore and investigated where
the dolphins stranded.
Resultswere, as i recall, that only 20% of the released carcasses made
it to shore.

Unfortunately i do not remember who told me about this, nor can I find
any references to this research.

Does anybody have something to help me find more information on this?

Thank you in advance,

kind regards,

Joop Coolen
North Sea Foundation, the Netherlands
--

J.W.P. Coolen MSc| Mariene ecologie | Stichting De Noordzee |
Drieharingstraat 25| 3511 BH Utrecht
T +31(0)30 2340016 | M +31(0)6 21429012 | E j.coolen at noordzee.nl
<mailto:j.coolen at noordzee.nl> | www.noordzee.nl <http://www.noordzee.nl>
| twitter.com/denoordzee <http://twitter.com/denoordzee>

Word donateur van Stichting De Noordzee vanaf EUR 2,- per maand.
Iets bijzonders gezien op, in of bij de Noordzee? Meld het op
www.noordzee.nl <http://www.noordzee.nl>