[MARMAM] UK Regional Student Chapter of the Society for Marine Mammalogy Annual Meeting 2011

UKRSC ukrsc at st-andrews.ac.uk
Mon Oct 18 13:27:32 PDT 2010

2011 Annual Meeting of the UK Regional Student Chapter of the Society for Marine Mammalogy: St. Andrews, 27-29th January 2011

We would like to announce that the annual meeting of the UK Regional Student Chapter of the Society for Marine Mammalogy will be held at St Andrews University from the 27th to the 29th of January, 2011.  (An Icebreaker will be held on the evening the 26th).

We encourage all students registered in Universities across the UK and Ireland, that are interested, or are actively involved, in marine mammal research, to attend. The atmosphere of the conference is relatively informal, giving students a platform to discuss their research with other students and prominent researchers.

We invite postgraduate students to submit abstracts for oral presentations.  For planning purposes, we have divided presentations into 5-10 minute and 15-20 minute slots.  We encourage new postgraduate students to talk about their future research plans using the 5-10 minute slots and for those further along in their studies to present for the longer 15-20 minutes.  Undergraduates with an interest in the field are also welcome to attend.  The talks traditionally vary in content: from talks by new students discussing their future plans or the basis of their project, to students whose Ph.D.’s are near completion.  We will also have guest speakers and a workshop, details of which shall follow closer to the time, please visit our website for updates, ukrsc at st-andrews.ac.uk.  The deadline for presentation abstracts (max 300 words) will be the 20th of December 2010.

There is no registration fee.  You don’t need to be an existing member of the Chapter – you can register for the Chapter at the same time as registering for the conference.  Please submit your registration form by e-mail attachment to ukrsc at st-andrews.ac.uk before the 26th of November 2010.  Registration Forms can also be downloaded from our website at www.st-andrews.ac.uk/~ukrscgrp/.

For those members traveling to St. Andrews, we will provide a list of accommodation options before the Christmas holidays, and directions to St. Andrews will be available on our website soon.  Please visit our website for updates (www.st-andrews.ac.uk/~ukrscgrp/).

If you have any further questions regarding the meeting, please don't hesitate to get in touch, ukrsc at st-andrews.ac.uk

Hope to see you all in St Andrews this January,

With best wishes,

The committee of the UK Regional Student Chapter for the Society for Marine Mammalogy
--
UKRSC Chapter Contact
c/o Sea Mammal Research Unit