[MARMAM] Questionnaire on “monitoring cetacean using fixed transects a survey in Europe”

antoarca at libero.it antoarca at libero.it
Tue Oct 12 03:37:13 PDT 2010

Questionnaire on “monitoring cetacean using fixed transects a survey in
Europe”

During the ECS meeting in Stralsund, a workshop on “Fixed Transect surveys for
cetaceans on ferries and other reasearch platforms - best practise and
collaboration on research and policy applications” was undetaken.
A lot of people partecipated and several others asked for the different
presentation.
We intend to write a comprensive report of the workshop, of the methodologies
but also about the different reaserch undergoing in Europe that uses the same
practice.

We would appreciate researchers that in Europe (but not only) monitor cetacean
using “Fix Transect” to send us an e-mail to: roberto.crosti at isprambiente.it
so to include in the report also their research activity.
If you are members of the Atlantic Research Coalition (ARC) or of one of the
Italian groups networked by ISPRA no need to reply.

Sincerely
Antonella, Colin & Tom