[MARMAM] ESR Themed Issue - Abstract Extension

Edward Gregr ed at scitechconsulting.com
Wed May 26 10:40:20 PDT 2010

The original deadline for abstracts for the Endangered Species Research
Special Issue on Marine Mammal habitat modeling is June 1, 2010
(original announcement below). Due to numerous requests, and in
recognition that many of you are preparing for or already into the
summer field season, we are /extending the abstract deadline/ to
*Friday, June 11, 2010.
*
For more details on the Special Issue, please see
_http://www.int-res.com/journals/esr/esr-specials/beyond-marine-mammal-habitat-modeling/_

For details regarding marine mammal habitat modeling, please see our
website at:
_http://www.whoi.edu/sbl/liteSite.do?litesiteid=7272_

We look forward to your participation.

With best regards,
Edward Gregr
Mark Baumgartner
Kristin Laidre
Daniel Palacios

The Inter-Research journal Endangered Species Research has agreed to
produce a special issue on Marine Mammal Habitat Modelling. The
inception of this issue was motivated by the work presented at the
Ecological Modeling Workshop and in the main sessions of the 18th
Biennial Conference on Marine Mammology. This work showed how habitat
suitability modelling for marine mammals has reached a certain level of
maturity, and is ready to take the next step towards relevant
applications for ecology and conservation. This is an open call for
manuscripts describing how habitat models are being actively applied to
further our ecological understanding or support conservation efforts. We
invite abstracts (max. 300 words) to be submitted by June 1, 2010.
Abstracts will be selected based on how closely they match the theme of
the special issue. Completed manuscripts for selected abstracts will be
accepted until December 1, 2010 for full peer-review. We expect the
assembled articles to convey the state of applied habitat modeling and
to motivate continued improvement in how we study and manage marine
mammals and their ecosystems.