[MARMAM] HDR - Marine Scientist Project Manager, #100594

Murphy, Sean Sean.Murphy at hdrinc.com
Thu May 20 04:53:37 PDT 2010

HDR e2M is currently in need of a Marine Scientist Project Manager for our Virginia Beach, VA location. The ideal candidate will have Program Manager consulting expertise along with an expert knowledge of Marine Science emphasizing the effects of underwater sound to marine mammals as well as experience monitoring marine mammal abundance, distribution, and/or behavioral responses to stimuli. This individual must possess excellent communication skills, a demonstrated history of reliability, strong work ethic, solid time management skills, and a demonstrated history of team-oriented performance.  This position will assist in a wide range of project management and team support roles with our current clients and expand our client-base in the Norfolk, VA area with an anticipated concentration of work assignments concentrated on the Atlantic and Gulf of Mexico Ocean areas but also including the Pacific Ocean region from California to Guam and northward to the Gulf of Alaska.  Travel up to 25% may be required.

PhD in Marine Biology or a related field preferred.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills a must.
Demonstrated history of reliability, strong work ethic, solid time management skills are all essential.
Will have to be detail oriented to perform work accurately in a team-oriented environment and have the demonstrated ability to direct the work of a variety of scientists conducting monitoring activities aboard ship and from aircraft.
Applicants can anticipate traveling throughout the U.S., the Atlantic Ocean, the Gulf of Mexico, and throughout the Pacific Ocean.
Successful candidates must have a minimum of 10+ years of experience managing scientific research projects focused on marine mammal behavior in a consulting capacity; this should include a background of direct interface with customers, and regulatory experience in a combination of Marine Mammal Protection Act (MMPA) and Endangered Species Act (ESA) compliance.
Candidates must also be highly proficient in writing procedures, guides and/or studies.
Qualified candidates must have the ability to obtain a security clearance at the secret level.

Due to client contract requirements, only candidates with US citizenship will be considered for this position, as permitted pursuant to section 274B(a)(2)(C) of the Immigration and Nationality Act.

IN ORDER TO APPLY, please visit the 'Careers' section of our website, www.hdrinc.com<http://www.hdrinc.com>, and reference job #100594

HDR is an employee-owned architectural, engineering and consulting firm of over 7,800 professionals in over 185 locations worldwide that helps clients manage complex projects and make sound decisions. HDR is ranked #13 among Engineering News-Record's "Top 500 Design Firms", and we are also ranked as the #1 healthcare design firm by Modern Healthcare's 2010 "Annual Construction & Design Survey of Healthcare Architects".

As an integrated firm, HDR provides a total spectrum of services for our clients. Our staff professional represent hundreds of disciplines and partner on blended teams throughout North America and abroad to provide solutions beyond the scope of traditional A/E/C firms. To learn more about us, please visit our website, www.hdrinc.com<http://www.hdrinc.com>.

Sean Murphy
Regional Recruiter

HDR ONE COMPANY | Many Solutions
440 South Church Street, Suite 1000