[MARMAM] Looking for data on testes mass in marine mammals

Ashford-Hodges, Natalie natalie.ashford-hodges07 at imperial.ac.uk
Wed May 5 03:41:09 PDT 2010

Dear Marmammers,

I'm a masters student at Imperial College in the UK looking for data for my research thesis. I'm investigating factors which influence interspecific variations in testes mass in marine mammals.

In order to do this study I need information on body mass and testes mass during the breeding season from as many marine mammal species as possible.  While I have data for some cetacean species from publications, I am having problems locating similar data for pinnipeds, sirenians and other marine mammals.  As a result, I was wondering if anyone could suggest any data sources for these species (or any additional data from cetaceans), especially unpublished data or reports, which I could use to help with my project?

Thanks very much for your help!

Best wishes
Natalie