[MARMAM] ECS publications: to current and former ECS members

Pierce, Prof Graham J. (School of Biological Sciences) g.j.pierce at abdn.ac.uk
Tue Mar 30 10:33:46 PDT 2010

Dear colleagues,

A few pieces of news about past and present European Cetacean Society publications: if you have ever attended an ECS conference, are an author/referee of a paper or papers on marine mammals submitted to JMBA, or have a manuscript ready to submit to a journal, this may be of interest!

1. ECS Conference Proceedings (European Research on Cetaceans)

*          Back issues: David Janiger (Los Angeles County Natural History Museum) is kinly digitising early volumes of ERC on behalf of ECS. Pdfs of vols 1-7, 8-10, 13-14 are already done
*          2002-04: the CDs from these conferences are finally ready! Members who atended those conferences are entitled to a free copy. You may need to confirm that you attended (please write to Roland Lick - see the ECS web page for details)
*          2009: the pdf version of the 2009 report will be ready in a few weeks time

*** For the 2010 Proceedings, please send short papers based on your talk or poster at the ECS, and/or pdfs of posters, etc to me by 31 May 2010. Instructions on formatting are available from me.

Our plan is for all Proceedings to be available online, as pdfs, on a member-only web page. We hope to implerment this during 2010. We should still have the facility to produce short runs of paper copies on demand. Depending on the level of interest we may be able to get paper copies printed once or twice a year.

2. ECS Workshop Proceedings ("Special Publication Series")

Only one special publication is currently in process. The Beaked Whale Mitigation Workshop Report is now ready to go to the printers and should be distributed before the next conference.

*** 2010 - Workshop organisers are invited to submit a workshop report for publication in the Special Publication Series. Please contact me if you plan to do this.

3. JMBA

For the last 3 years, ECS has contributed papers for an annual special issue of the Journal of the Marine Biological Association of the UK

ECS members receive free access to the special issues.

The next cetacean "special issue" is due in September 2010. However, the Journal reports some delays due to a slow turnaround time by authors and referees! If this means you, please respond promptly!

*** Another special issue is planned for 2011. Hence we are looking for submissions of papers based on talks and posters presented at ECS 2010, and other marine mammal research. Papers should be submitted by 30 June 2010. These may be research papers, review papers, or groups of themed papers (e.g. from ECS Workshops).

Graham Pierce

(ECS Publications Editor)

Instituto Español de Oceanografía
Centro Oceanográfico de Vigo
P.O. Box 1552, 36200, Vigo, España
Tel +34 986 492111 (Fax 498626)
e-mail: graham.pierce at vi.ieo.es<mailto:graham.pierce at vi.ieo.es>
Skype: g.j.pierce

and

Oceanlab, University of Aberdeen
Main Street, Newburgh, Aberdeenshire,
AB41 6AA, UK
Tel +44 (0)1224 272459 (fax 274402)
e-mail: g.j.pierce at abdn.ac.uk<mailto:g.j.pierce at abdn.ac.uk>

RESEARCH
www.abdn.ac.uk/marfish<http://www.abdn.ac.uk/marfish>
European Cetacean Society http://www.europeancetaceansociety.eu/ecs/
Cephalopod International Advisory Council www.abdn.ac.uk/CIAC<http://www.abdn.ac.uk/CIAC>

The Information contained in this e-mail (including attachments) and any subsequent correspondence is private, it is intended solely for the intended recipient(s) and may contain information that is privileged or confidential. For those other than the intended recipient any disclosure, copying, distribution, or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on such information is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail, please delete it and any attachments, without opening them, immediately.