[MARMAM] COMPARATIVE NUTRITION SOCIETY SYMPOSIUM, AUG 6-10, 2010

David Rosen rosen at zoology.ubc.ca
Tue Mar 23 20:22:47 PDT 2010

ANNOUNCEMENT:
EIGHTH BIENNIAL SYMPOSIUM OF THE COMPARATIVE NUTRITION SOCIETY
Westward Look Resort, Tucson, Arizona, USA, 6-10 August 2010

Dear Colleagues:

The eighth biennial meeting of the Comparative Nutrition Society (CNS) is scheduled for 6-10 August, 2010 in Tucson, AZ.  CNS is a society created to foster communication among laboratory and field scientists from various disciplines with interests in comparative nutrition. The interests represented in the society include, but are not limited to, the disciplines of nutrition, physiology, metabolism, biochemistry, animal science, wildlife and marine biology, ecology, and all taxa including insects, fish, amphibians, reptiles, birds, and mammals.

CNS meetings are a unique experience, bringing together a rare mixture of scientists and professionals from a variety of fields.  The collegial nature of the meetings also makes it a perfect experience for graduate students. Our entire meeting – talks, meals, and social events – will be in a group setting, so that we will have plenty of time for in-depth discussions, renewing old friendships, and establishing new collaborations.  This year’s symposium will be held in the unique location provided by the Westward Look Resort set at the base of the striking Santa Catalina Mountains (www.westwardlook.com) in Tucson, Arizona. This unique location provides a wealth of outdoor activities before and after the sessions.

Please see our website (www.cnsweb.org) to register and submit abstracts.  Students should click on “Student competitions” for information on travel and presentation awards. To make lodging reservations, please call the reservations department at the resort directly at 1-800-722-2500, and identify yourself as from “The Comparative Nutrition Society”. Sorry, on-line reservations are not available.

Deadline for abstract submission is 15 May 2010.

We look forward to seeing you in August!

David Rosen
President, Comparative Nutrition Society
rosen at zoology.ubc.ca