[MARMAM] Whale/dolphin conservation organisations - contact details please

Banks Amanda amandabanksuk at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Jun 22 09:44:31 PDT 2010

Dear All,

I am working for a project called 'Planet Whale', (www.planetwhale.com). Planet Whale is a website under development which will be providing a link between whale and dolphin charities, the whale and dolphin watching industry and people interested in going whale watching. The website will encourage people to share their experiences of whale watching, rate their experience and find out more about conservation.

I am currently compiling a database of whale/dolphin conservation organisations worldwide. Once this database is complete I will be contacting these organisations to find out more about them, discover their views on the whale watching industry and see how Planet Whale can help promote them.

We are initially targeting whale and dolphin conservation organisations specifically, as opposed to research organisations or larger wildlife/marine organisations whose main focus is not whales and dolphins.

I am wondering if anyone can provide any of the following information:

1. Is there already a global database of whale/dolphin conservation organisations in existence? If so, could you send me details of it.

2. Do you have access to contact details for such organisations within your country that you could send me?

3. Do you have any suggestions for where else I could find this information?

Any contacts you may have would be very much appreciated. Please email me off list at: amanda at planetwhale.com

Many thanks,

Amanda Banks
Researcher, Planet Whale