[MARMAM] Dolphin tissue proportions

Erin Rechsteiner erinrechsteiner at gmail.com
Fri Jun 25 12:49:27 PDT 2010

Dear Colleagues,

I am an MSc candidate working with Dr. Trites in the Marine Mammal Research
Unit at UBC, Vancouver, BC, Canada. As part of my thesis research, I am
building a bioenergetics model to estimate the prey requirements of Pacific
white-sided dolphins (*Lagenorhynchus obliquidens*) on the BC coast.

I am writing to request your help in locating data or references to
publications that recorded the proportion of blubber, lean tissue or water
in the body of the Pacific white-sided dolphin. I am also interested in
obtaining these measurements for other dolphins in the
*Lagenorhynchus*genus (Atlantic white-sided, Dusky, Peales,
White-beaked, Hourglass).

Your assistance with this would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks very much,

Erin

--
Erin Rechsteiner