[MARMAM] caloric value information and equipment request

Christopher Malinowski cmali156 at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 1 13:01:27 PDT 2010

Dear Marmammars,
I’m a master’s student at Florida Atlantic University (FAU)
in Boca Raton, FL and am in search of available data and equipment for my
research thesis.  I’m investigating
targeted prey species by wild dolphins in the Bahamas.  Energetic values of prey species (fish and
squid) will be used to highlight potential differences among targeted
prey.
Currently, I am looking for a laboratory that would allow
for my use of any or all of the following equipment to process collected
samples:  lyophilizer, pellet press, and
bomb calorimeter.  Additionally, I have
gathered some data from published literature but am in need of any available unpublished
caloric values for Caribbean fish and squid.  If anyone could suggest where any archived data may be located,  it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for any help you can offer,
Chris
Email contact: cmalino1 at fau.edu