[MARMAM] GCSC's 1st Annual Student Research Symposium

SMM Gulf Coast Student Chapter gcsc_contact at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 30 08:13:55 PDT 2010

Please join the Society for Marine Mammalogy’s Gulf Coast
Student Chapter at its 1st Annual Student Research Symposium held at
the new Science Complex at Texas A&M University’s Galveston campus,
September 4th-5th 2010, with an icebreaker event planned
the evening of Sept 3rd.  This
meeting is intended to facilitate
and foster scientific discussion and collaboration amongst marine mammal
students working in the Gulf Coast region.
Whether you are an established
professional or student, undergraduate or graduate, we invite you to
attend!

This year’s symposium will include oral presentations of
student research and workshops geared towards promoting presentation technique
and other professional applications.  We encourage students working in the Gulf Coast region to
present their research, regardless of the stage of your project!

If you are
interested in presenting, please submit your abstract and registration form (posted on our website) no
later than August 15th to the email address listed below.  Presentation space
will be limited, so priority will be given to students.  Presentations should be no longer than 15
minutes (aim for a 12 minute presentation with 3 minutes for questions).

For those
students traveling long distances to join us, free accommodations may be
arranged with local students.  If this is
the case, we suggest that you note this on your registration form and register
early, as space is limited!
Any further details pertaining to this event will be posted on our website and our Facebook event page.  Please contact the GCSC student administrators at gcsc_contact at yahoo.com if you have any further questions regarding the symposium.  We look forward to seeing you!

Courtney Smith

MA/PhD Student

Student Chapter Administrator

Gulf Coast Student Chapter of the Society for Marine Mammalogy

Marine Mammal Behavior and Cognition Lab

University of Southern Mississippi

118 College Dr. #5025

Hattiesburg, MS 39406-5025