[MARMAM] VOLUNTEER BOTTLENOSE DOLPHIN RESEARCH ASSISTANTS, Western Australia
delphine.chabanne at gmail.com
Sat Jul 24 06:48:02 PDT 2010
VOLUNTEER BOTTLENOSE DOLPHIN RESEARCH ASSISTANTS needed from now to December
The bottlenose dolphin population (Photo-Identification) research program is
accessible to you even if you have never been on a boat before; have never
participated in a research program; if you are alone or with friends;
whatever your situation, we can provide you an experience you will likely
never forget! Contributing to dolphin’s research and conservation.
Where: Bunbury, South Western Australia (180 km south of Perth.
When: From now to December or more. The work is not full-time but requires
being available at least from Friday to Monday (weekend included).
- Assisting with boat-based photo-identification surveys of bottlenose
dolphins, including operating small vessel during surveys, collecting
environmental, location, and behavioural data for dolphin groups.
- Photo-identification of dolphins in the lab
- Enthusiasm for field work on a boat is essential
- Positions are available from now to December 2010 (can be longer) with
a minimum 4-week commitment. People able to commit for longer periods will
Preferred, but not mandatory:
- Undergraduate degree in the biological sciences
- Field research/small boat operation experience preferred but not required
Please submit resume and cover letter specifying how long approximately you
would like to do it via email: delphine.chabanne at gmail.com
Research Assistant, Dolphin Discovery Centre
447 Koombana Dr
Bunbury WA 6230
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the MARMAM