[MARMAM] New article 'white Rough-toothed dolphin'

Marijke de Boer marijke.deboer at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Jul 21 02:53:31 PDT 2010

Dear Colleagues,

I am pleased to announce the following paper recently published in Marine Biodiversity Records.

First record of a white rough-toothed dolphin (Steno bredanensis) off West Africa including notes on rough-toothed dolphin surface behaviour
M.N. de Boer
Vol. 3, 1-4.

Abstract
In June 2009, a white rough-toothed dolphin (Steno bredanensis) calf was photographed in a group of at least 50 dolphins in the southern Gulf of Guinea, 95 nautical miles off the Gabon coast (01845′S 007829′E), West Africa. Reports of unusually pigmented cetaceans are infrequent and this record represents the first of an all-white rough-toothed dolphin. Furthermore, there is little documentation concerning rough-toothed dolphins and this note contributes to the knowledge of this species in tropical West African waters.

This article is now available online at:
http://journals.cambridge.org/action/displayIssue?iid=7089132

Thank you to all that helped me with information and the writing of this article!

Marijke de Boer,
Ph.D candidate
Marijke.deboer at wur.nl
Wageningen IMARES, Institute for Marine Resources and Ecosystem Studies,
Postbus 167, 1790 AD Den Burg, The Netherlands