[MARMAM] HDR - Marine Species Observers, #100967a-r

Murphy, Sean Sean.Murphy at hdrinc.com
Thu Jul 22 09:56:29 PDT 2010

HDR is an employee-owned architectural, engineering and consulting firm of over 7,800 professionals in over 185 locations worldwide that helps clients manage complex projects and make sound decisions. HDR is ranked #13 among Engineering News-Record's "Top 500 Design Firms", and we are also ranked as the #1 healthcare design firm by Modern Healthcare's 2010 "Annual Construction & Design Survey of Healthcare Architects".

As an integrated firm, HDR provides a total spectrum of services for our clients. Our staff professional represent hundreds of disciplines and partner on blended teams throughout North America and abroad to provide solutions beyond the scope of traditional A/E/C firms. To learn more about us, please visit our website, www.hdrinc.com<http://www.hdrinc.com>.

HDR e2M is seeking qualified applicants for Marine Species Observer positions in various locations across the US.  Observers will conduct boat-based and aerial-based marine protected species observations to support survey monitoring efforts for the US Navy in waterways along the U.S. East Coast, West Coast, Gulf of Mexico, Gulf of Alaska, Hawaii, and Guam/CNMI. Candidates should be prepared to work and assist in any of these various locations. Key responsibilities include monitoring and recording marine mammal and sea turtle presence and behavior activity during the course of the survey.  Knowledge of marine mammal and sea turtle identification is required.  The individual must be able to work with others to ensure any required protocol is followed.  The successful candidate must also be willing and able to assist with oceanographic data collection (e.g., CTD and XBT). A successful applicant will be an individual who has demonstrated skills in effective communications, interface management, auditing and assessing operations, and problem solving. Photography and photo-identification and cataloging skills are a plus, as are prior experience in participating in tagging and biopsying efforts.

The applicant must be:
* Bachelors Degree in related field or 3 or more years of field experience as a trained MMO or PAM operator
* Due to client contract requirements, only candidates with US citizenship will be considered for this position, as permitted pursuant to section 274B(a)(2)(C) of the Immigration and Nationality Act.
* Offshore medical (we can provide information on how to obtain)
* Offshore survival and Protected Species Observer training
* Physically capable of lifting heavy objects, as well as climbing in an out of tight spaces and up and down ladders aboard ships
* Adapted for a life at sea (not susceptible to motion sickness; be able to live in confined work spaces; be able to tolerate stress and physically able to move around ships)
* Able to work closely with others and get along well with diverse individuals
* Able to work independently while following technical instructions
* In possession of a sound knowledge of the scientific importance of precise, accurate data recording
* Able to maintain objectivity

All travel to locations arranged and prepaid, travel days paid, meals/lodging paid if not provided, attractive day rate.

IN ORDER TO APPLY, please visit the 'Careers' section of our website, www.hdrinc.com<http://www.hdrinc.com>, and reference job #s 100967a-r

Sean Murphy
Regional Recruiter

HDR ONE COMPANY | Many Solutions