[MARMAM] Summer Internship Opportunities at UNE Marine Animal Rehabilitation Center

Keith Matassa KMatassa at une.edu
Tue Jan 12 08:10:51 PST 2010

Could you please post this internship opportunity on MARMAM.
Thank you.

Rehabilitation Internship Program

The University of New England's Marine Animal Rehabilitation Center (UNE/MARC) is currently accepting applications for our summer Marine Animal Rehabilitation Internship Program. We are looking for highly motivated, dynamic candidates who will work closely in a team setting with staff and volunteers to assist with all aspects of veterinary care and husbandry of sick and injured seals, cetaceans and/or sea turtles. Other responsibilities include but are not limited to: Daily care of animals, transport and/or field response to live/dead marine animals, water quality testing, maintenance of daily food and medical records, necropsy, education/docent tours and computer entry of data.  An internship project (to be discussed/assigned by staff) will be completed during the internship program.

These positions are unpaid and interns are required to find their own housing and transportation.. Interns should expect to be scheduled to cover weekday shifts, as well as nights, weekends and holidays. The ideal candidate should be mature and motivated, and possess a strong work ethic and excellent observational and communication skills.

Application requirements:
College Sophomore, Junior or Senior (recent graduates may also apply)
Minimum GPA 2.5
Transcript (unofficial copy acceptable)
Two Letters of Recommendation
Letter of Intent
Letter of Intent Should Include:
Qualities that you will contribute to our program
Your goals and objectives in participating in our program

** Successful completion of internship includes presentation of project at the end of internship term.

Application Deadline: Friday, February 12, 2010
Summer Internship:  May 17, 2010 - September 1, 2010 *

	* Internship dates are flexible around school schedules and can be discussed upon acceptance to program.
	* A small (amount and availability to be determined) stipend to assist with interns with housing may be available.

All applications will be reviewed. Qualified applicants will be contacted for a phone interview.

For more information on our facility and program, please visit our website: http://www.une.edu/research/msc/marc/index.cfm

Submit applications/ inquiries to:
Anne Watson
Volunteer/Internship Coordinator
Marine Animal Rehabilitation Center
University of New England
11 Hills Beach Road
Biddeford, Maine 04005
awatson at une.edu

Thanks
Keith

Keith A. Matassa
Marine Animal Rehabilitation Coordinator
UNE/MARC
11 Hills Beach Road
Biddeford, Maine 04005

office 207-602-2670