[MARMAM] WDCS online Species Guide

Nicola Hodgins nicola.hodgins at wdcs.org
Thu Feb 18 13:51:53 PST 2010

Dear MARMAM¹ers,

WDCS has launched its new online species guide (see below) and would like to
take this opportunity to say a huge THANK-YOU to all of you who kindly
donated images to be used within!! We couldn¹t have done it without you and
greatly appreciate your help!

And so my next request is for Phase 2 ­ we¹re going to be looking for
acoustics and video ... So if you have any then you know who to get in touch
with!!

Thanks again and we hope you enjoy the new Guide!

                                ----------------------------------

Launch of world¹s most comprehensive guide to whales and dolphins highlights
the many mysteries that still remain

The most comprehensive on-line guide to whales and dolphins is launched this
week following over a year¹s painstaking work by researchers at the Whale
and Dolphin Conservation Society (WDCS), which ironically, along with a
number of fascinating facts, has revealed exactly how little we humans still
know about these magnificent creatures.

The guide, which is of particular use to students, researchers, the tourist
trade, and journalists comes in three languages, and provides interesting
and easy to use insights into the creature¹s habitats, behaviour, and where
to find them. It also features 80 maps, over 400 images, a threat index
(which highlights the level of danger facing each species). To have a look
for yourself, go to http://www2.wdcs.org/species/index.php

Nicola Hodgins
International Projects Co-ordinator
WDCS, the Whale and Dolphin Conservation Society

Phone: - +441249 449 537
Mobile: - +447841497597

http://www.wdcs.org

***

WDCS International
Brookfield House
38 St Paul Street
Wiltshire
SN15 1LJ
UK

Since commercial whaling was Œbanned¹ more than 30,000 whales have been
killed.

Help us Stop Whaling.  www.whales.org <http://www.whales.org>

WDCS is the global voice for the protection of whales, dolphins and their
environment.

This e-mail's contents are confidential to the intended recipient(s) at the
e-mail address to which it has been sent. It may not be disclosed, copied
to, circulated or used by anyone other than the intended addressee(s). If
you are not the intended recipient or have received this transmission in
error please telephone the originator immediately or ring +44 (0)1249
449500. Any opinions expressed in this message are those of the author and
do not necessarily reflect the opinions of WDCS.

Whale and Dolphin Conservation Society (³WDCS²): Registered in England and
Wales No. 2737421 WDCS, Brookfield House, 38 St. Paul street, Chippenham,
Wiltshire, SN!5 1LJ. Registered Charity No. 1014705. Tel: 01249 449500 Fax:
01249 449501

WDCS Shop is a trading name of WDCS (Trading) Limited (Registered in England
No. 2593116) which is a wholly owned subsidiary of WDCS, the Whale and
Dolphin Conservation Society (Charity No. 1014705) and gift aids all post
tax profits to the charity.

WDCS Wildlife Centre: Spey Bay, Moray, IV32 7PJ. Tel: 01343 820339 Fax:
01343 829065

WDCS Australasia: WDCS, PO Box 720, Port Adelaide Business Centre, South
Australia, Australia 5015. Tel: 1300 360 442 Fax: 08 8242 1595

WDCS Deutschland: WDCS, Altostraße 43, D-81245, München. Tel: 089 6100 2393
Fax: 089 6100 2394

WDCS (North America): 7 Nelson Street, Plymouth, MA 02360-4044 Tel:
1.888.MYWHALE (1.888.699.4253)

WDCS (South America): Potosi 2087, B1636BUA, Olivos, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Tel-Fax + 5411- 4796-3191