[MARMAM] Cetacean & Seabird Identification Workshops

Emma Webb emma.webb at biscay-dolphin.org.uk
Tue Feb 9 04:26:00 PST 2010

Cetacean & Seabird Identification Workshops

Biscay Dolphin Research Programme is delighted to announce that following on
from the success of our 2009 workshops, we will be running 7 Cetacean &
Seabird Identification Workshops on the P&O cruiseferry ‘Pride of Bilbao’ in
summer 2010.

Biscay Dolphin Research Programme (BDRP) has been conducting whale, dolphin
and seabird surveys of the English Channel and Bay of Biscay each month,
year-round continuously since 1995.  BDRP is an award-winning project within
the established charity Marinelife that aims to further the conservation of
whales, dolphins, seabirds and other marine life through scientific study
and educational activities.

Because of the work we have undertaken, the English Channel and the Bay of
Biscay is now recognised as one of the most important areas in the world for
whales and dolphins!

Come and join some of the most experienced cetacean and seabird researchers
in the UK for a fully interactive workshop where you will learn all the
basic skills needed to observe and identify these fantastic animals at sea.

This workshop is ideal for anyone with a general interest in marine
wildlife, students studying Marine Biology or similar subjects, people who
want some firsthand experience of field work as well any prospective Marine
Mammal Observers (MMO’s).

Workshop Dates:
3-6 June 2010
12-15 June 2010
18-21 June 2010
3-6 July 2010
13-16 September 2010
22-25 September 2010
25-28 September 2010

Cost is £145 per person based on two people sharing a 2 bunk inside cabin.

For more information or to book a place, please visit our website at
www.biscay-dolphin.org.uk/blueoceansafaris/biscay.php#IDWorkshops or email
us on  <mailto:info at biscay-dolphin.org.uk> info at biscay-dolphin.org.uk

Kind Regards

Emma Webb