[MARMAM] Position opening: HARBOUR SEAL NURSE

Phocid at aol.com Phocid at aol.com
Fri Feb 5 11:10:26 PST 2010

Position opening: HARBOUR SEAL NURSE (seasonal/5-6 months)

Island Wildlife Natural Care Centre is a nonprofit society dedicated to the
rescue and rehabilitation of regional wildlife, with an emphasis on Harbour
Seals and avian species. We are seeking a candidate for the seasonal
position of Harbour Seal Nurse.

IWNCC is located in the Pacific Northwest, on Salt Spring Island, in the
Canadian Gulf Islands. We are a small but very busy centre, situated in an
outdoor setting on a forested 4-acre property. We treat about 500 avian and
terrestrial animals per year and rescue and rehabilitate an average of 80-100
Harbour Seal pups each summer. Seasonal work hours are long and the work is
fast-paced and physically demanding.

The position reports to the Seal Team Leader, Marielle Bonnet, and will
participate in coordinating rescues; hands-on daily animal husbandry and
critical care; the leadership, training, supervision and scheduling of interns and
volunteers; keeping accurate detailed records.

This position runs from July 1 -   December. The successful candidate must
have a minimum of 3 years hands-on marine mammal rehabilitation experience
at a senior level. She/he must be experienced in all phases of the
rehabilitation process including examinations, diagnosis, critical care and have
proven supervisory and communications skills and be physically fit.

Salary is commensurate with experience and includes on-site housing.

Email your CV & references to Jeff Lederman   <iwncc at aol.com>

For more information regarding Island Wildlife visit our website at
www.sealrescue.org

Internship applications are also still being accepted for this summer,
deadline March 1st.

Island Wildlife Natural Care Centre
322 Langs Road, Salt Spring Island
BC   V8K1N3   Canada