[MARMAM] FW: REMINDER: Watching Whales, Saving Whales Symposium

Kristen Jule ResearchDirector at pacificwhale.org
Mon Feb 1 13:31:24 PST 2010

Reminder regarding the 2010 Watching Whales, Saving Whales Symposium,
Feb 13th-14th in Maui.

This weekend symposium is presented by the Pacific Whale Foundation
(www.pacificwhale.org) and will be held at the Westin Maui Resort & Spa
in Ka'anapali.

More information and an agenda for the symposium can be found at:
(http://www.mauiwhalefestival.org/?q=content/watching-whales-saving-whal
es-symposium )

Presentations will be held on Saturday, the 13th. The theme for the
morning session will be "Using Science to Save Whales" and the afternoon
session will focus on "From Watching Whales to Saving Whales".

Dr. Kristen Jule

Director of Research

Pacific Whale Foundation

300 Ma'alaea Road, Suite 211

Wailuku, Hawaii 96793

Tel. (808) 856-8318

Fax. (808) 243-9021

researchdirector at pacificwhale.org
<mailto:researchdirector at pacificwhale.org>

PACIFIC WHALE FOUNDATION: CELEBRATING 29 YEARS
www.pacificwhale.org <http://www.pacificwhale.org/>

Our Mission:
To promote appreciation, understanding and protection of whales,
dolphins, coral reefs and our planet's oceans. We accomplish this by
educating the public, from a scientific perspective, about the marine
environment. We support and conduct responsible marine research and
address marine conservation issues in Hawaii and the Pacific. Through
educational eco-tours, we model and promote sound ecotourism practices
and responsible wildlife watching.

P please consider the environment before printing this email