[MARMAM] Requesting Books and Reprints on Marine Mammals

Sclymene at aol.com Sclymene at aol.com
Fri Dec 10 09:46:01 PST 2010

Requesting Books and Reprints on Marine Mammals

¡VIVA Vaquita! is seeking donations or sales of books, reprints, and
scientific journals on marine mammals.   Our intent is to collect literature that
may not be in use anymore, and distribute it to colleagues who can most
effectively put it to use.   The money raised from this effort will be used
directly in research, conservation, and public awareness efforts directed at the
vaquita (Phocoena sinus), seen by most as the World’s most endangered
marine mammal species.

¡VIVA Vaquita! < http://www.vivavaquita.org > is a collaboration of
concerned researchers and educators from three nonprofit organizations: Cetos
Research Organization, Save The Whales, and the American Cetacean Society. Our
goals and mission are to generate awareness of the vaquita and to promote a
healthy Upper Gulf of California ecosystem.   Ultimately, we aim to help save
the vaquita from extinction, and to do so in a way that also provides
long-term benefits to the fisherman and other residents of Baja California,
Mexico.

If you have any books or other literature that you might be willing to
donate or sell to us, please contact us so that we may discuss arrangements.
Donations are tax-deductible.   Thank you in advance.

Thomas A. Jefferson, Ph.D.
¡VIVA Vaquita!
5495 Camino Playa Malaga
San Diego, CA 92124