[MARMAM] ESR Special Issue on Marine Mammal Habitat Modelling

Edward Gregr ed at scitechconsulting.com
Sat Apr 17 23:15:38 PDT 2010

The Inter-Research journal Endangered Species Research has agreed to
produce a special issue on Marine Mammal Habitat Modelling. The
inception of this issue was motivated by the work presented at the
Ecological Modeling Workshop and in the main sessions of the 18th
Biennial Conference on Marine Mammology. This work showed how habitat
suitability modelling for marine mammals has reached a certain level of
maturity, and is ready to take the next step towards relevant
applications for ecology and conservation. This is an open call for
manuscripts describing how habitat models are being actively applied to
further our ecological understanding or support conservation efforts. We
invite abstracts (max. 300 words) to be submitted by June 1, 2010.
Abstracts will be selected based on how closely they match the theme of
the special issue. Completed manuscripts for selected abstracts will be
accepted until December 1, 2010 for full peer-review. We expect the
assembled articles to convey the state of applied habitat modeling and
to motivate continued improvement in how we study and manage marine
mammals and their ecosystems.

Please see the full call for manuscripts at:
http://www.int-res.com/journals/esr/esr-specials/beyond-marine-mammal-habitat-modeling/

Sincerely,
Edward Gregr
Mark Baumgartner