[MARMAM] Civilian job opportunity with the US Navy in Hawaii
Hanser, Sean F CIV NAVFAC Pacific, EV
sean.hanser at navy.mil
Thu Apr 8 10:22:07 PDT 2010
There is an opening for a Marine Resources Specialist with a specialization in marine mammals at Naval Facilities Engineering Command at Pearl Harbor. The level is about GS-11 or GS-12.
The position responsibilities will include:
- participating in marine mammal and sea turtle monitoring and mitigation during Naval exercises
- being a liaison between Naval Facilities Engineering Command Pacific's Natural Resources group and the offices of Pacific Fleet's Environmental group
- assisting in reviewing and creating NEPA documents generated by the Navy, such as Environmental Impact Statements, Marine Resource Assessments, Biological Assessments, and responses to designation of Critical Habitat
- providing input as a subject matter expert on marine mammals
- overseeing Navy contracts for monitoring and conservation actions associated with Naval facilities and exercises
- assisting in generating reports summarizing the results of the Navy's marine mammal and sea turtle monitoring program for compliance with the Navy's Letter of Authorizations to operate issued by NOAA's Office of Protected Resources
Applicants should have:
- experience in the field with some aspect of marine mammal and/or sea turtle research
- strong writing and communication skills
- willingness to develop strong interpersonal skills
- at least a Masters level of education
- some knowledge of NEPA, MMPA, ESA, and other Federal policies
- GIS skills would be a benefit
The position is responsible to anywhere the Navy (and any other branch of the armed forces) operates in the area outlined by the West Coast of North and South America over to Diego Garcia in the middle of the Indian Ocean and from pole to pole. The position can expect travel up to ~25% of the time. The position is based in Pearl Harbor.
Please send resumes or CVs and a cover letter to sean.hanser at navy.mil. We will starting reviewing and interviewing soon after 16 April 2010.
Sean F. Hanser, PhD
Natural Resources Management Specialist
Naval Facilities Engineering Command
258 Makalapa Dr., Suite 100
Pearl Harbor, HI 96860-3134
No virus found in this incoming message.
Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
Version: 9.0.800 / Virus Database: 271.1.1/2786 - Release Date: 04/02/10 23:32:00
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 5200 bytes
Desc: not available
More information about the MARMAM