[MARMAM] Study wild killer whales this fall or next spring

Scott Veirs, Beam Reach lister at beamreach.org
Thu Apr 8 18:01:58 PDT 2010

Please forward this under/graduate field research opportunity to your students and friends:

Get off-campus to study endangered killer whales and related environmental issues for 10 weeks next fall (2010) or spring (2011). Apply now to conduct your own research with the Beam Reach Marine Science and Sustainability School.

Beam Reach is for you if you want to:
  -- study endangered orcas and the salmon they eat
  -- use advanced bioacoustic tools in your own project
  -- network with experts in killer whale conservation
  -- learn to sail a biodiesel-electric catamaran
  -- explore the San Juan Islands in the Pacific Northwest
  -- earn 18 credits from the University of Washington

Learn more (audio/video/photos) at our brand new web site:
http://www.beamreach.org?tmrm4/8/2010

Or hear all about it from the current students' blogs!
http://www.beamreach.org/blog?tmrm4/8/2010

We are currently accepting applications for the fall 2010 program (August 23 - October 30) and the spring 2011 program (March 28 - Juen 3).  To apply you should have completed your first year of college, be interested in the marine environment, and want to spend 10 weeks
off-campus in an intensive field research experience.

To start your adventure just complete this simple application form:
http://www.beamreach.org/apply?tmrm4/8/2010
Upcoming reviews are May 5 and June 2.

Let us know if you have any questions!
Dr. Scott Veirs
info at beamreach.org

Recent publication: Holt, et al. (2009) Killer whales increase their call amplitude in response to vessel noise