[MARMAM] looking for an article about seal oogenesis

Helena Katz helekatz at gmail.com
Mon Sep 14 05:40:47 PDT 2009

Dear MARMAM,

I´m looking for the following article about oogenesis in seals, writen in a
rusian journal.
SEVERAL FEATURES OF OOGENESIS AND THE HISTOLOGIC STRUCTURE OF THE OVARIES OF
THE GREENLAND SEAL (PHAGOPHOCA GROENLANDICA)
Parfenov VN, Gabaeva NS.
Arkh. Anat Gistol Embriol
1974- Mar; 66(3):33-9

I´m conducting a research about Arctocephalus australis (South American
Fur Seal) ovaries and female reproductive tract histomorphology. As I
couldn´t find enough information about ovarian embriology in seals, this
paper could give important clues about some interesting features found
in the ovaries of South American Fur Seals (primordial follicles
distribution and interstitial cell abundance).

I would be very pleased if someone could send a scaned copy of it or other
related articles. In case someone have a conection with a russian library
where I can get in contact it would be very helpfull.
Thanks a lot,
Helena

--
Helena Katz