[MARMAM] Final Announcement for Lost in Translation: The Science-Policy Intersect workshop

Naomi Rose NRose at hsus.org
Fri Sep 11 06:08:25 PDT 2009

This is the last announcement for the full day workshop Lost in
Translation: The Science-Policy Intersect on Sunday, October 11, 2009 to
be held in association with the SMM's 18th  Biennial Conference on the
Biology of Marine Mammals in Quebec City, Canada.

Lost in Translation: The Science-Policy Intersect

This workshop will address questions regarding whether, when, and how
scientists should become involved in the policy arena. After
presentations by scientists and a legal expert experienced in working
with marine conservation policy issues, the workshop will break into
moderated open discussion for the afternoon. Please see the full
synopsis for the workshop on the SMM conference web site.

Our speakers will be Dr. Naomi Rose, Andrew Wright, Dr. Lance
Barrett-Lenard, Dr. Tim Ragen, and Dr. Howard Schiffman.  The full
program will be sent to registered participants at least one week before
the workshop.

To register for this workshop, please go to the SMM web site at:

http://www.marinemammalogy.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=categor
y&id=918&Itemid=215
<http://www.marinemammalogy.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=catego
ry&id=918&Itemid=215>

The workshop will take place on Sunday, October 11, 2009 from 8:30am to
5:30pm in Room 207.

There will be a registration fee of $35.00US, which will include
breakfast (starting at 8am) and coffee breaks - payment (cash or check
in US currency) will be collected at the door. Given the large number of
workshops being offered at this biennial, if you can attend for only a
half-day (no breakfast), we will charge a half-day fee of $10.00US.

We have been fortunate to secure a small amount of funding and can now
offer student members a discount of $5US on the full-day fee. Student
registration for the workshop is therefore $30US.  Depending on various
factors, we may be able to offer a further discount to students at the
door.  Please bring proof of your student status to the workshop to
obtain the discount.

We look forward to seeing you there.

Naomi A. Rose, Ph.D.
Senior Scientist, HSI-Wildlife
nrose at hsi.org <mailto:nrose at hsi.org>
t +1 301.258.3048     f +1 301.258.3082

Humane Society International
700 Professional Drive    Gaithersburg, MD 20879    USA
hsi.org <http://www.hsi.org/>

Join Our Email List <http://www.hsi.org/join>     Facebook
<http://www.facebook.com/hsiglobal>     Twitter
<http://twitter.com/hsiglobal>