[MARMAM] Defenders of Wildlife Marine/Terrestrial Carnivore Conference Call for Exhibitors and Sponsors

Jim Curland curland at earthlink.net
Mon Oct 26 13:37:50 PDT 2009

hi all.

We still need more exhibitors for the Carnivore Conference next month.
Our exhibitor prices are very low and the conference is shaping up very
nicely.

As you may know, Defenders will host our seventh biennial Carnivore
Conference in Denver on November 15th–18th, 2009. Carnivores 2009:
Carnivore Conservation in a Changing World will present the latest
information and insights on the many threats and challenges facing
carnivores, including climate change, habitat loss and fragmentation,
co-existing with humans and livestock, and how to address these threats
in today’s world. Given your interest in wildlife and ecosystem
conservation, I am writing to provide you with information regarding the
conference in the hope that you will be able to attend.

I am attaching the conference brochure as well as information on
sponsorship benefit levels and exhibiting and other special
opportunities for your consideration. You can learn more about the
conference agenda, field trips, and other details about the event at
www.carnivoreconference.org.

We have received a record number of abstract submissions, and the
conference will feature more than 30 sessions of presentations and
roundtable discussions. Topics will include the ecological role of
carnivores, the impact of climate change on carnivore communities,
reducing conflicts between predators and humans and non-lethal control
and management methods, among many others.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions about the
conference and related activities. We hope to see you in Denver.

The 2009 conference headquarters is the Grand Hyatt Denver. The
conference tends to draw anywhere between 500-800 people.

Again, for more information, including the registration brochure and
exhibitor/sponsor brochure visit:

www.carnivoreconference.org/

You can contact me (jcurland at defenders.org), Aimee Delach
(aimee.delach at defenders.org), and/or Nina Fascione
(nfascione at defenders.org) if you have any questions.

Thanks for your help!

Jim
--

Jim Curland
Marine Program Associate

P.O. Box 959 Moss Landing, CA 95039
Tel: 831-726-9010 | Fax: 831-726-9020
jcurland at defenders.org | www.defenders.org

Sea Otter Awareness Week 2009, September 27-October 3, 2009 -
http://www.defenders.org/seaotter/awareness

Support Sea Otters

Just in time to celebrate Sea Otter Awareness Week, check out the new
sea otter T-shirt :
http://www.zazzle.com/sea_otter_awareness_week_shirt-235981870834003933

and mug:
http://www.zazzle.com/sea_otter_awareness_week_mug-168795633507226870

Your purchase of these items will benefit Defenders, with 30% of the
sale going to Defenders of Wildlife.

Visit Defenders Zazzle Store for more sea otter items:
http://www.zazzle.com/defenders1947/gifts?cg=196798507597641470

For Californians: Help Sea Otters and other California Endangered
Species during Tax Season by Making A Donation When Filing Your Taxes.
For more information visit: http://www.defenders.org/seaotter/taxday

http://www.saveseaotters.org (Defenders' Main Sea Otter Page)
http://www.kidsplanet.org/espanol/espint.html (Defenders' Sea Otter
Teaching Unit)