[MARMAM] African Marine Mammal Colloquium, Kleinbaai, South Africa, 18-20 May 2010

Meredith Thornton thornton at iziko.org.za
Fri Oct 9 07:54:53 PDT 2009

Dear interested participants

Thank you for your feedback in response to our initial request for an
expression of interest regarding a workshop or conference with a focus
on marine mammal research in southern Africa. We have done our best to
accommodate all opinions and preferences with regard to date, venue and
format.

The African Marine Mammal Colloquium is being hosted by the Mammal
Research Institute (University of Pretoria) and the Dyer Island
Conservation Trust.

The AMMC will create a forum whereby all interested people in the region
can come together to present briefly their own, or their organisation's,
marine mammal-related research, or conservation projects. Focus will be
on fostering interaction and collaboration.

Location: Kleinbaai, Western Cape, South Africa

Date: 18-20 May, 2010

Structure: Two and a half days. Formal presentations (mornings) and open
workshop & discussion time (afternoons & third morning). All
participants are required to present.

Cost:

*	Prices to be finalised by January 2010, but will be R1500 or
less. Payments due at the end of Feb 2010.
*	We will attempt to reduce costs for student attendees and/or
provide some travel sponsorship for those most in need.
*	Price includes: Accommodation (3 nights), all meals and
participation costs.
*	Price excludes: Transport from Cape Town city or international
airport. Drinks at own cost.

Further details will be available via the Mammal Research Institute
website in due course.

Please email: marinemammalogy.southernafrica at gmail.com if you are not
already on the mailing list (i.e. you only received this message through
a mail server such as MarMam/SANCOR), and would like to be included for
direct updates.

-----

LINKS

Google earth link to Kleinbaai:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&ll=-34.600857,19.361515&spn=0.072769,0.1
54324&z=13

Mammal Research Institute:

http://www.up.ac.za/zoology/MRI/

Dyer Island Conservation Trust:

http://www.dict.org.za/

Meredith Thornton
Mammal Research Institute
University of Pretoria

Based at: Iziko Museums of Cape Town

25 Queen Victoria Street    Cape Town

PO Box 61   Cape Town   8000   South Africa

Telephone +27 (0)21 481 3854

Facsimile +27 (0)21 481 3993

Fax to email 0866357818

Websites: http://www.up.ac.za/zoology/ <http://www.up.ac.za/zoology/>

                 http://www.iziko.org.za <http://www.iziko.org.za/>

Live Simply... so others may simply live.

e-mail.