[MARMAM] Reminder Fundraiser for SMM Student Travel Grants

Charles Littnan charles.littnan at gmail.com
Wed Oct 7 00:04:20 PDT 2009

Aloha MARMAM Community attending the Quebec Conference-

Just a reminder about on how to make sure you make the most of your
Tuesday night at the SMM Biennial Conference in Quebec.  First make
sure to check out the Video Night (8 pm - 10 pm) and see the
interesting work and stunning images our colleagues have collected
recently.  Video Night is happening at the conference center, check
your program for details.  After you have your video fill come join
250 of your closet colleagues to celebrate at the Boudoir Lounge and
raise some money for international student travel to the 2011 Biennial.

There is a $10 CAD cover charge to get into the party and all proceeds
will be donated to the SMM student travel fund.  There will even be a
brief ceremony to hand the check over to our current SMM Student Rep.

Space is limited to around 250 people its getting full.  We may have
to turn people away from the door so if you want a guaranteed spot on
the dance floor register early. How do you register early? Its quick
and easy and completely safe and it will also allow you to take the
VIP lane into the club if there is a line. Paste the following link
into your web browser:

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=7846679

Then click on the small continue button. If you don't already have a
Paypal account it is not necessary to set one up.

Remember these are donations, so it is the minimum we would like you
to contribute.  There are some nominal fees associated with Paypal and
planning this event but everything else is going to the students, so
please give more at the door if you can.

So, here is the information you need, but if you have additional
questions please contact us:  Student.Fundraiser at gmail.com

Start Time: Tuesday, October 13, 2009 at 9:00pm (note new start time)
End Time: Wednesday, October 14, 2009 at 3:00am
Location:         The Boudoir Lounge (www.boudoirlounge.com)
Street:         441 rue du Parvis
City/Town: Quebec, QC

  We made sure we picked a location that was close (.7 km). These are
the directions from the Convention Center:
1. Head southwest on Boulevard Ren? L?vesque E toward Rue
Louis-Alexandre-Taschereau
2. Turn right at Rue St-Simon
3. Turn left at Rue St-Joachim
4. Turn right at C?te Ste-Genevieve
5. Turn left at D' Abraham Cote
6. Sharp right at Rue Saint-Vallier E
7. Turn left at Rue Du Parvis
The Boudoir Club will be on the right

Check us out on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/event.php?eid=126786851446&ref=ts

Please feel free to pass the word.  Be safe and see you in Quebec.

Charles Littnan and Ari Friedlaender