[MARMAM] Information Material for Fishermen

Jo Wharam joanna.wharam at tiscali.co.uk
Tue Oct 6 13:08:32 PDT 2009

Dear colleagues,

Apologies for cross-postings...

ASCOBANS (the Agreement on the Conservation of Small Cetaceans of the
Baltic, North East Atlantic, Irish and North Seas) has identified a need to
produce targeted information material on bycatch (and other small cetacean
conservation issues) for distribution to fishermen in the region.  With a
view to achieving this, I have been employed as a consultant to ASCOBANS to
develop a Leaflet for Fishers in the ASCOBANS Area.

In order to gain an overview of what information is already available (both
in the ASCOBANS area and internationally), I would like to ask your help in
obtaining copies of any relevant material in existence in your country -
whether published by the government, fishermen's organisations or other
stakeholders.  If possible, please can you indicate when the material was
produced and by whom, where and how the material was distributed, and how
well the information was received.

Please feel free to forward this message to colleagues who may find it of
interest.

Thank you in advance for your co-operation.

Kind regards,
Jo.
joanna.wharam at tiscali.co.uk

Jo Wharam
Marine Science & Policy Consultant
1 Branksea Avenue
Poole
Dorset
BH15 4DW

joanna.wharam at tiscali.co.uk
01202 680997
07812 932747

Skype: jo.wharam

P  Please don't print this e-mail unless you really need to.