[MARMAM] Information on Amazon Pink River Dolphin (Inia geoffrensis)

David Bonnett d-bonnett at wavecable.com
Mon Nov 30 10:34:06 PST 2009

I have been recording the underwater sounds made by Inia geoffrensis over
the last 3 years in the Peruvian Amazon.  I have a number of recordings
covering acoustic frequencies up to about 46 KHz and have observed some
sounds from the dolphins that I have not found reported in the literature.
I am looking for advice from anyone that has studied river dolphins or might
put me in contact with someone who has.  My goal is to determine if it is
feasible to develop an acoustic analysis system that will supplement
traditional census counts of these animals in the wild.

Thank You

David E. Bonnett

2374 NW Mountain View Road

Silverdale, Wa 98383