[MARMAM] Rough-toothed dolphin - white calf

Marijke de Boer marijke.deboer at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Jun 15 11:03:46 PDT 2009

Hi there, I am currently conducting a cetacean survey in the offshore waters of West Africa and encountered a group of rough-toothed dolphins (Steno bredanensis). Amongst them was an all-white calf swimming next to its mother and I managed to take photographs of this animal. The encounter lasted several hours and the photographs revealed that there were at least 50 individuals.

I am wondering if this has been documented elsewhere and would be interested in hearing more on white (rough-toothed) dolphins and whether it would be of interest to publish a note regarding my observation.

Kind Regards and please could you be so kind to respond directly to my e mail address,
Marijke de Boer
marijke.deboer at yahoo.co.uk