[MARMAM] baleen whale entanglements in fishing lines

Tim Werner twerner at neaq.org
Wed Jan 28 08:53:56 PST 2009

Dear Marmam Listers,

I work on bycatch based at the New England Aquarium, and would like to learn what bycatch mitigation work is being undertaken with large whale entanglements outside the Northwest Atlantic. I would appreciate receiving info, contacts, links, etc. to follow-up.

For more information on the project I work on, please see: http://www.neaq.org/conservation_and_research/projects/fisheries_bycatch_aquaculture/bycatch/consortium_for_wildlife_bycatch_reduction/index.php).

Thanks!

Timothy Werner
Senior Scientist and
Director, Consortium for Wildlife Bycatch Reduction
New England Aquarium
Central Wharf
Boston, MA 02110-3399
USA