[MARMAM] Aspects of Dredging & Potential Harm to marine life

Yvonne Miles info at scanningoceansectors.org
Tue Jan 6 23:19:29 PST 2009

Dear colleagues,

A water theme park and a new marina are threatening Hervey Bay Queensland,
Australia.
These projects involves the creation of a sea based marine park using sea
water and
being constructed on the beach which will use dredging as well as the
project for a new marina,
this will involve dredging of a channel to allow for the transit of larger
vessels.
ships. We are know the marine mammal species distributed around these areas
consist of
dolphins, dugongs, indo pacific humpback dolphins and turtle populations.

We are looking for any reports and articles dealing with the potential
disturbances resulting from these kinds of human activities of noise
disturbance, boat traffic, increased turbidity, sea grass die-off...etc and
we would greatly
appreciate the help of the list members with this. Please contact me by
email info at scanningoceansectors.org  if you are aware of any previous work
that could be of help.

Many thanks in advance

Yvonne