[MARMAM] Information on harp seals

Mazzaro, Lisa lmazzaro at mysticaquarium.org
Tue Jan 6 12:40:42 PST 2009

Hello,

I'm looking for information on behavior, training,  housing with other
marine mammal species and aggression of harp seals in a zoo or aquarium
setting.    If anyone has maintained harp seals or knows of a facility
that has, please contact me (contact info below) directly.  I have
searched online for this information and have turned up a very limited
number of facilities that appear to have maintained this species in the
past. I am attempting to contact those facilities, but I'm hoping that
anyone with information will contact me. Any information would be
greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Lisa Mazzaro, Ph.D.

Assistant Director of Research and Animal Care

Mystic Aquarium

55 Coogan Blvd.

Mystic, CT 06355

860-572-5955 x 109