[MARMAM] OPCFHK scientific project application 09-10

Anna Situ anna.situ at oceanpark.com.hk
Mon Jan 5 18:22:05 PST 2009

Dear Sir/Madam,

The Foundation is now inviting new funding applications for conservation research projects in 2009-2010. The application form and guideline can be downloaded from our website: www.opcf.org.hk<http://www.opcf.org.hk>. Please feel free to forward this invitation to your colleagues who are interested in application of funding.

As the conservation arm of Ocean Park, the Ocean Park Conservation Foundation, Hong Kong (OPCFHK) advocates, facilitates and participates in the conservation of wildlife and habitats, with an emphasis on the Asian region, through research and education. Our vision is to ensure the sustainability of wildlife and biodiversity. Funding support will be given to research and conservation projects on, but not limited to, marine mammals, giant pandas, amphibians, fishes, birds, terrestrial mammals and reptiles. To encourage Ocean Park to directly support the conservation projects, we welcome project proposals in collaboration with Ocean Park. The financial assistance will be used to cover project related expenses, including travelling and field equipment but not to cover the in-house staff cost.

Submission deadline for applications is Jan 31, 2009. All the funding applications will then go through our Scientific Advisory Committee members (SACs) for review and recommendation. It usually takes 4 to 6 weeks for the reviewing process. Research projects recommended by SACs will be further reviewed by the Foundation's Trustees. With Trustees' approval, confirmation of funding will be announced in late June 2009, the Foundation will set up agreements with the Principal Investigators or the Institutes who are in charge of the recommended projects.

Thank you for your kind attention. Please return the completed form (with signature) by email to researchfund at oceanpark.com.hk<mailto:researchfund at oceanpark.com.hk>. Should you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.

Yours Sincerely,
Anna Situ
Scientific Officer
OPCFHK
Tel: 852-3923-2679
Fax: 852-2553-5840
E-mail: anna.situ at oceanpark.com.hk<mailto:anna.situ at oceanpark.com.hk>

Please think GREEN before printing this e-mail.

Disclaimer:
The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is strictly prohibited. If you have received this in error, please delete it from your system. If you require assistance, please contact us at opc at oceanpark.com.hk

Beginning 1 January 2006, Ocean Park raises its conservation commitment further by donating part of the admission to Ocean Park Conservation Foundation, Hong Kong (www.opcf.org.hk) to support its research projects and public awareness programmes for wildlife conservation in Asia.