[MARMAM] Announcement: 2010 Watching Whales, Saving Whales Symposium

Kristen Jule ResearchDirector at pacificwhale.org
Mon Dec 28 14:22:20 PST 2009

Announcing the 2010 Watching Whales, Saving Whales Symposium, Feb
13th-14th.

This weekend symposium is presented by the Pacific Whale Foundation (
www.pacificwhale.org <http://www.pacificwhale.org/> ) and will be held
at the Westin Maui Resort & Spa in Ka'anapali.

More information can be found at: (
http://www.mauiwhalefestival.org/watchingsaving.html)

Presentations will be held on Saturday, the 13th. The theme for the
morning session will be "Using Science to Save Whales" and the afternoon
session will focus on "From Watching Whales to Saving Whales".

We are currently accepting submissions for poster presentations.
Relevant talks may be considered provided there is scheduling
availability, please contact us as soon as possible if interested.

Kristen Jule, Ph.D.

Director of Research

Pacific Whale Foundation

300 Ma'alaea Road, Suite 211

Wailuku, Hawaii 96793

Tel. (808) 856-8318

Fax. (808) 243-9021

researchdirector at pacificwhale.org

PACIFIC WHALE FOUNDATION: CELEBRATING 29 YEARS
www.pacificwhale.org <http://www.pacificwhale.org/>

Our Mission:
To promote appreciation, understanding and protection of whales,
dolphins, coral reefs and our planet's oceans. We accomplish this by
educating the public, from a scientific perspective, about the marine
environment. We support and conduct responsible marine research and
address marine conservation issues in Hawaii and the Pacific. Through
educational eco-tours, we model and promote sound ecotourism practices
and responsible wildlife watching.

P please consider the environment before printing this email