[MARMAM] Second announcement of the 24th annual conference of the European Cetacean Society, Stralsund, Germany: 22-24th March 2010

Verfuss Ursula Dr. Ursula.Verfuss at meeresmuseum.de
Mon Dec 21 02:08:18 PST 2009

Please apologize any cross-posting!

Dear colleagues,

I  would like to draw your attention to the second announcement of the 24th annual conference of the European Cetacean Society, held in Stralsund, Germany from 22-24th March 2010.

Theme of the conference is “Marine Mammal Populations: Challenges for Conservation in the Next Decade”

More details can be found under http://www.ozeaneum.de/en/ecs-2010.html

In connection to the conference, several interesting workshops are held on the 20th and 21st March 2010. Please check our website http://www.ozeaneum.de/en/ecs-2010/programme.html  for more information and contact the workshop organizers for registration.

We have received around 260 abstracts and their reviews were completed. Those who submitted abstracts should have heard from our Scientific Committee to confirm whether their abstract was accepted. Now you need to register for the conference!

The deadline for the early registration is 15th January 2010 (along with the video submission deadline) to benefit from the best rate of registration fee.  You can register and renew your membership online at ECS website: www.europeancetaceansociety.eu . The late registration deadline is 12th February 2010.

Please note that some hotel reservation deadlines end in early January!

I wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

On behalf of the ECS2010 conference organizing team

Ursula Verfuß

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

im Auftrag

Dr. Ursula Verfuß

Wiss. Mitarbeiter

FB Wissenschaft

Deutsches Meeresmuseum

Museum für Meereskunde und Fischerei ∙ Aquarium

Stiftung des bürgerlichen Rechts

Katharinenberg 14-20

18439 Stralsund

Tel.: +49 (3831) 2650-390