[MARMAM] Graduate Student Opportunity in Whale Acoustics at the UW School of Oceanography

William Wilcock wilcock at u.washington.edu
Wed Dec 16 08:35:01 PST 2009

I am a marine geophysicist by training in the School of Oceanography at
the University of Washington who has fairly recently started working
using seafloor seismic networks to track baleen whales.  I am looking
for a new PhD graduate student in this field.  The School of
Oceanography has an active Biological Oceanography program but it is
known for studies of small organisms and thus, grad students interested
in marine bioacoustics would be unlikely to look to the School for
opportunities.  If you know of any potential graduate students who might
be interested in my research, please point them in my direction.

My personal web site which describes all my research including this
opportunity is at
    http://gore.ocean.washington.edu/
The School of Oceanography web site is at
    http://www.ocean.washington.edu/.

Thanks

William Wilcock

    William S. D. Wilcock               Office: MSB 126
   School of Oceanography              Tel: 206-543-6043
  University of Washington             Fax: 206-543-0275
        Box 357940                  wilcock at u.washington.edu
    Seattle WA 98195-7940       http://gore.ocean.washington.edu