[MARMAM] census and demographic rates for meta-analysis

Salvador Herrando-Perez salvador.herrando-perez at adelaide.edu.au
Thu Dec 10 17:45:54 PST 2009

Dear Listers,

I am a PhD student at the University of Adelaide investigating density
dependence in animal populations under the supervision of Corey Bradshaw,
Barry Brook and Steven Delean.

Currently, I am addressing the consistency of statistical detection of
density feedback across species of mammals and birds where unique
populations have been studied through annual censuses (> 10 years) of both
population abundance and demographic rates (fertility and/or survival). So
far I have collected data from 53 populations from publications or provided
by authors I have contacted personally. If anyone has such data that I could
include in a meta-analysis, I would greatly appreciate if you could contact
me at salvador.herrando-perez at adelaide.edu.au. Any data you can provide will
be fully acknowledged in any publication and in one of my PhD chapters, and
will not be further distributed or analysed in any other way. If the data
have been published, please provide the reference.

I very much appreciate your time and consideration of my request.

Kind regards, Salvador

Variables being recorded from individual populations (annual estimates):

Population size: total number, relative density, number of
breeding/nonbreeding pairs AND breeding effort: fertility rate, clutch size,
brood size, litter size, number of young/female AND/OR breeding/birth
rates/success/performance/probability

AND/OR survival/mortality/recruitment rates/probability (adults, subadults,
juveniles, yearlings, calves/cubs/pups, fledglings, hatchlings)

Salvador Herrando-Pérez