[MARMAM] greenland humpback whale in Dominican Republic info request

pepe malaret pepe_malaret at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 18 08:47:48 PDT 2009

hi, my name is Jose Malaret.I work for the Dominican Republic Marine Studies Foundation. The foundation president and founder is Idelissa Bonelly, and also founder of Dominican Republic Marine Mammal Santuary. We work with the conservation of Dominican Republic coastal water and it wildlife but our main purpose if conservation of marine mammals. Well I would like to know if there is any information about humpback whales from Greenland that had been resighted in reproductive ground in Dominican Republic. Dominican Republic just had been included as a member of International Whaling Commission. So whe want to defend against the statetment of Greenland of killing a total of 10 humpback whales. So to do this whe need prove that some of the greenland humpback are born in dominican republic waters so whe can defend then.   If anyone have information about it please let us know. thank.