[MARMAM] Request for sperm whale erupted upper teeth

Gustavo Toledo gustavoact at yahoo.com.br
Fri Aug 21 14:10:30 PDT 2009

Dear Colleagues,

We found a stranded female sperm whale (10 meters) in Paraíba, Brazil
with some erupted superior teeth. We would like to know if the members could help us with references on those types of cases. Up to now we just
found this paper: Gibbs & Kirk (2001). Erupted upper teeth in a male sperm whale, Physeter macrocephalus. New Zealand Journal of Marine and Freshwater Research. Vol. 35: 325-327.
Any information aswer to gustavoact at yahoo.com.br
Thank you in advance,
Gustavo.