[MARMAM] Seeking killer whale recordings

Jennifer Karnik jenkarnik at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 5 20:35:06 PDT 2009

Greetings!

  I am searching for quality recordings of killer whale vocalizations and echolocation clicks.  I am particularly interested in recordings from:

1. resident and transient killer whales of the Pacific northeast
2. killer whales of New Zealand
3. mammal-eating killer whales from the Antarctic

  The sounds will be used in playback experiments with New Zealand fur seals and sea lions.

  Any help locating recordings would be gratefully appreciated and fully acknowledged.

Regards,

Jennifer Karnik
MSc student
University of Otago