[MARMAM] Abstract submission deadline is 30 April - Biennial conference of the SMM

Lesage, Veronique Veronique.Lesage at dfo-mpo.gc.ca
Mon Apr 27 07:50:13 PDT 2009

SOCIETY FOR MARINE MAMMALOGY 18th BIENNIAL CONFERENCE, 12-16 October
2009 in quebec city, Canada

This is a reminder that the deadline for abstract submission is fast
approaching. Abstract submissions will be accepted until 30 April 2009,
at Midnight. We will be monitoring the abstract submission process and
website. In the event of a traffic jam, we recommend that you try
submitting your abstract at a later time; we will maintain the website
open to abstract submission a bit longer, so please, don't give up and
try again.
We have received 25 applications for pre-conference workshops and
symposia, and we will be able to accommodate all of them. Please visit
the conference webpage to find out about the list of workshops, and to
register on-line
(http://www.marinemammalscience.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=ca
tegory&id=918&Itemid=215).

We encourage you to register early, and to visit the conference webpage
regularly to find out about new additions to the program
(http://www.marinemammalscience.org/conference).

TRAVEL AND ACCOMODATION
Experient has negotiated room rates for Biennial participants at the
Hilton and Delta hotels. Both hotels are right beside the conference
centre and a block away from the walls of the Old City and its
restaurants, pubs, etc.
(http://www.marinemammalscience.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=ar
ticle&id=227&Itemid=211). We strongly urge you to stay at one of these
hotels as these preferred rates were negotiated based on filling a
minimum number of rooms. If we do not achieve the minimums, then the
society will have to pay a penalty. If we exceed the block booking, then
the conference is able to collect free rooms that it can then make
available for third world participants.

We are looking very much forward to see you in the Old City of Quebec
for a conference to be remembered!!!

Mike Hammill
Conference chair

congres_smm2009 at dfo-mpo.gc.ca