[MARMAM] 2009 Annual Meeting of the UK Regional Student Chapter of the Society for Marine Mammalogy

UK Regional Student Chapter ukrsc at st-andrews.ac.uk
Thu Sep 18 14:34:15 PDT 2008

2009 Annual Meeting of the UK Regional Student Chapter of the Society for Marine
Mammalogy

Date:		5-7 February 2009
Location:	Sea Mammal Research Unit
		University of St Andrews
		St Andrews KY16 8LB, Scotland
		www.smru.st-andrews.ac.uk

Call for Abstracts

The UK Regional Student Chapter of the Society for Marine Mammalogy would like
to announce the 2009 Annual Meeting taking place in the Sea Mammal Research
Unit, University of St Andrews. Following our members suggestions we have
increased the duration of the meeting which will this year be a 3-day event, to
be able to include two afternoon workshops and an afternoon of discussion.

We invite postgraduate students enrolled at UK Universities to submit abstracts
for oral presentations (max 300 words). Presentations can relate to any aspect
of marine mammal research. Oral presentations should be timed for 12 minutes
followed by 3 minutes for questions.

Registration for the conference is free! You just have to submit the attached
registration form filled in (also available on our website). Submission of
abstracts should be done as an email attachment to ukrsc at st-andrews.ac.uk
before 1st December 2008.

We also invite all participants to bring along a poster for display during the
annual meeting (preferred but not compulsory).

If you are a student enrolled in a UK university studying marine mammals and
haven’t already done so, join our chapter! Becoming a member is free of charge
and all you have to do is send us an email. As a member you will receive
information about all the activities organised by the chapter, as well as be
able to join our Facebook discussion forum. You can visit our website
(www.st-andrews.ac.uk/~ukrscgrp) to find out more about us.

If you have any questions regarding the conference please email us at
ukrsc at st-andrews.ac.uk

We look forward to meeting you in 2009!

--
UKRSC Chapter Contact