[MARMAM] Getting Dead Whale Smell Out of Clothes

Kathy Morgan kmorgan at wheatonma.edu
Fri Sep 12 09:22:43 PDT 2008

Hi all,

I have NO idea of whether this is even possible, OR if MARMAM is the
place for this question, but I figured I would give it a shot.

I have a student who has a jacket she wore to a whale stranding that
resulted in a beachside necropsy.  She cannot seem to get the smell of
dead whale out of that jacket, no matter what she does to it.  Just
wondered before I insist that she tosses it if anyone has any "cures"
for this kind of thing.

Thanks!  Please reply to me offline.  If there is sufficient interest, I
will post a summary of replies to the list.

--Kathy Morgan
Wheaton College
Norton, MA  02766
kmorgan at wheatonma.edu